Job Title: Occupational Therapist (Band 6)
Reports to: Clinical Lead/Service Manager
Accountable to: Clinical Lead/Service Manager
Part time post for: 21 hours per week.
Salary Range: (£17564 to £21218) for 21 hours commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Headway Basingstoke is a registered charity providing high quality community rehabilitation, care and support to people living with brain injury. We have an opportunity for a new role of a skilled and experienced occupational therapist responsible to the Clinical Lead / Service Manager. You will have knowledge and experience of brain injury including Stroke and Head Injury.
As Occupational Therapist, you will join our team of dedicated staff and volunteers based at Headway Place, Homefield Way, Basingstoke. You will be employed directly by the charity, supporting us to deliver our NHS contract with the local Clinical Commissioning Group.
You will work with the Clinical Lead to clinical provision on site to people with rehabilitation needs across our services in line with the Headway Basingstoke Pathway to supporting Brain Injury.
You will need to have:
- A qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Significant experience of working within the health or social care and or voluntary sector.
- Supervisory experience
- Managed service delivery with a high degree of professionalism ensuring effective use of all resources while providing a high quality, responsive, patient focused service.
- With Clinical Lead you will manage the team to deliver care and support that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community whilst demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate experience of working with neuro rehabilitation needs, particularly those with cognitive impairmen
- Up-to date knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Health and Social Care Act, developments in adult social care relating to specific service user groups
- Experience in delivering training for clinical issues
Job Description and specification available from the links below. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include an up to date CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you have the skills and experience to undertake this role.