Job title: Rehabilitation Assistant
Grade: Headway Grade A (similar to NHS Agenda for Change Band 3)
Part-time salary for 19.5 hours per week is between £8,883 and £11,007 per year.
Hours of work: 19.5 hours per week over 3 Days – Tuesday to Thursday 09:00–16:00, with a 30-min unpaid break. Exceptionally, may work Monday/Friday by agreement.
Location: Headway Place, Basingstoke, RG24 9SP
Relationships: Reports to the Clinical Lead
Supervises: Volunteers and students on placement
Applications to be made to Carol Self, Senior Administrator – firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a CV
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2022.
To work with a team of staff and volunteers to create and maintain a therapeutic environment for people with brain injury, ensuring that their psychological and physical needs are met, their dignity respected, and their safety assured.
1. Deliver high-quality programmes of rehabilitation under the guidance of the AHP/Clinical Lead, in order to help those who have suffered brain injury to improve their life skills and regain their maximum degree of independence through a range of structured activities.
2. Act as a key-worker for designated clients, co-ordinating support for them and their relatives, liaising with community services and care agencies as required, and being an advocate on their behalf so that clients’ needs are met.
3. Contribute to the assessment of brain-injured individuals so that decisions can be made about the appropriateness of admission to Headway services or their referral to other health professionals.
4. Contributing to re-viewing client goals and plans.
5. Receive clients, send home at the end of the day and oversee clients when they move between programmes and activities so that their transition is smooth, and they feel welcome and secure.
6. Update client records and work plans and treat this information with respect so that the Headway team is properly informed about clients’ progress and problems, and confidentiality is maintained.
7. Perform administrative and housekeeping tasks to ensure that services to clients and their carers run smoothly and safely.
8. Work safely, intervene appropriately to avoid accidents, deliver first aid when necessary and report accidents and incidents to ensure the safety of clients, visitors and colleagues and the security of the building.
9. Contribute to the planning, development and implementation of improvements in the service so that clients benefit and the reputation of Headway, its services and staff are enhanced.
10. Acquire knowledge and skills so that you continue to develop in your role as a Rehabilitation Assistant and can offer effective support to clients and their carers.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the post and is, therefore, not exhaustive. The duties of the post will be reviewed regularly in conjunction with the post holder.
The post-holder will be expected to know and abide by key Headway policies and procedures to ensure the safe and effective delivery of our service to clients and their families. This will include demonstrating compliance with the terms of adult safeguarding policies and processes.
Please click the link below for full details of the applicant requirements.
You will be sent an email asking you to confirm your subscription