As a charity, we have to raise significant funds each year to maintain our current level of services but the demand on these services is increasing. We need to provide more opportunities for people with brain injury and their carers to benefit from the support we provide at such a critical time in their lives.
We’re honoured by the generosity of our supporters. There are many ways in which you can help. It could be as simple as collecting coins and saving them in one of our money boxes or you may want to fundraise at work or join a fundraising activity. Your help is vital in ensuring we are able to continue to provide our specialised services to the community.
If you would like to do something for Headway Basingstoke and want to discuss your ideas, please contact the Fundraising Administrator for an informal chat.
Making a donation
Your donations are vital to help us provide support the services to people affected by brain injury. There are a number of ways you can donate.
If you are able to donate right now, just click through to our My Donate page.
Make a monthly donation. Just £5 a month will cover the cost of telephone calls and support to a family in need. You can make a donation by cheque, cash or through standing order. Please make cheques payable to Headway Basingstoke.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be collecting free donations for Headway Basingstoke?
There are over 3,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s – it doesn’t cost you a penny extra!
- Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/headwaybasingstoke/ and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!
- There are no catches or hidden charges.
Charity of the year
Many companies choose a charity to support on a yearly basis. Whether you work for a company, own your own company or are a member of a club or organisation, why not make Headway Basingstoke your charity of the year.
Loose Change Appeal
Hate having loose change lying around the house, in your pockets, down the back of the sofa? Well we LOVE loose change here at Headway Basingstoke.
Our lightweight cardboard Loose Change Appeal Box is a great place to put all that loose change, whilst raising funds to help improve the lives of those affected by brain injury.
It’s easy to raise funds by putting one of our Loose Change Appeal Boxes in your home or office. Simply place your loose change in the box, keep collecting until the box is full, then contact us to bring your donation into Headway Basingstoke, we can exchange it for an empty one and you can start collecting again.
Be positive about supporting people living with brain injury.
To request a Loose Change Appeal Box or to arrange to bring in your donation please contact: Headway Basingstoke, Headway Place, Homefield Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8SP
Headway Basingstoke ethical fundraising principles:
Headway Basingstoke believes that charitable fundraising should be conducted within an ethical framework.
These are as follows:
1. We do not employ third-party agencies to cold call and pressurise people in their own home!
2. We do not employ ‘chuggers’ to accost people as they go about their daily lives.
3. We will provide people with all the support they may need should they choose to take on a fundraising challenge for Headway.
4. We will never give the ‘hard sell’. If we have to convince people that we’re worth supporting, we’re not doing our jobs!
5. We promise not to bombard people with excessive mailshots.
6. We believe that people should have complete control over how much information they would like to receive from Headway.
7. We respect people’s privacy and will never share or sell their details or personal information to any other agency.
8. Every donation we receive helps us to go that one step further to improving life after brain injury!